December 6, 2011

Holiday Memories

Last Sunday our whole family went to our friends house to bake cookies. The kitchen island was just big enough for ten kids to squish around as we designed our cookies. We ended up with quite a wide variety of shapes and designs, ranging from a Christmas theme of  wreaths, snowmen, reindeer, presents, Christmas trees, penguins, and manger scenes to other creative creations. There were frogs catching flies, monkeys riding on elephant backs, monsters, pizzas, cameras, fruit baskets, and even a few that were just a interesting mixture of all the colors combined.



Squishing and molding the dough until it's shaped just right...


 I'm still trying to decide what the cause of my interesting expression in that picture is...I think it may have had something to do with the way my reindeer's antlers were turning out. It's pretty safe to say that I'm not the most creative person when it comes to designing cookies.



 Laughter and lively chatter filling the kitchen. The scent of freshly baked cookies drifting through the air. Christmas lights sparkling throughout the house.



I love the Christmas season.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colorful dough! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is indeed a wonderful time of year. ;) Looks like a lot of fun! I like the dough too! =)

    In Christ,
    Mikailah~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun times! Looks like you all had a great time making cookies. I love the colorful dough as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE this fun time of year!! =) What awesome times! Making and decorating Christmas cookies is one of the best parts of the season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dough looks cool! And it looks like fun! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like fun baking with family and friends! I love baking too, especially around the holidays!

    BTW,I'm Rebekah's sister over at heritageofgrace. If you want, you can check out my baking blog at: www.jessicathebaker.wordpress.com

    Blessings,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete