October 6, 2012

>> Cheesy Potato Soup >>



Nothing tastes better than a bowl of steaming soup on a chilly autumn evening. Vegetable soup, tomato soup, chili, chicken noodle soup, clam chowder...I even had a chance to try pumpkin soup a couple of weeks ago (and it was really good!). But of all the soups that I've tried, my all time favorite remains cheesy potato soup. I was sort of craving it a few days ago, so I volunteered to make it for supper. It's the perfect blend of cheesy-ness and tender veggies on a chilly evening. Only problem is that I accidentally put in way too much cheese...instead of doubling it like I did with the rest of the recipe, I quadrupled it. Still not sure how that happened...

So, if you're looking for an idea for supper tonight, here's a suggestion. It doesn't take a ton of effort, and it's quite delicious :)







Cheesy Potato Soup

ingredients
- 2 or 3 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup flour
- 6 oz. Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes

Bring water and bouillon cubes to a boil. Add first 4 ingredients and cook until vegetables are tender. Add milk, flour, and cheese until well blended. Serve hot. Can use broccoli or cauliflower if desired.

Enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Ooh, that looks good! I can't wait to try it!
    One question: How much water?
    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's 2 cups of water...thanks for pointing that out!!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh, yummy!! :) Thank you for the recipe, Rebekah! That looks so good. And the pictures are lovely as well! ;)

    Blessings!
    xo,
    mikailah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo this sounds sooo good. :9 I have a terrible sore throat right now, and this looks like a perfect solution to remedy that. ;) Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this looks and sounds delicious! You have such amazing photography, and an absolutely beautiful blog. Did you design it yourself?

    -Abigail
    www.AltogetherSeparate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail - thank you for your sweet comment!! Yes, I do all of my blog's designing on my own. I'm still learning...but it's a lot of fun :)

      Delete
    2. Well, you're doing a wonderful job!

      Delete