July 3, 2012

Horsing Around

When the end of June rolls around, so does one of the biggest highlights of my year. It has something to do with lots of makeup, curly hair, tons of hairspray, sparkling outfits, and oh, I almost forgot....horses! I guess you could say that horses are kind of a big part of this event. If you haven't already guessed, I'm referring to the Cowgirl Queen contest.

Sometimes I can't believe that I put in days of preparation for fifteen minutes in the show ring. It seems kind of crazy, but I love it. This year I'd have to say that the preparation was one of my favorite parts! Three of my friends were competing in the junior division, and since my family was gone for the weekend I got to hang out with them while we all got our horses ready to show. I honestly don't think that I've ever had that much fun getting Flash bathed, banded, and clipped! I've decided that jobs are a lot funner when you've got amazing friends to do them with.

My goal was to do my absolute best and trust God with the results. I didn't win this year, but that's alright. Hayley and her horse did an amazing job, and I'm so excited for her as she goes on to compete at the state level! I love having the chance to compete, even if I don't win. Winning isn't everything...I had fun and Flash and I have improved a lot over the past few months. I can say with complete honesty that I met my goal!

Praise the Lord that the weather was nice, since most years it's either raining or extremely hot. There were chances of rain, but it held off until the very last class of the day. I know that there were a lot of people praying that it would stay nice, and it did. It was amazing to see how God answered that prayer!

So now I'd love to hear from all my horse-lovin' readers...what is your favorite horse event of the year?



Congratulations to Hayley, the 2012 Cowgirl Queen!!



The Junior Cowgirl Queen contestants....who also happen to be three of my amazing (and absolutely gorgeous) friends!





(All photos in this post were taken by my friend Rachel)

4 comments:

  1. Horses are just so much fun! My favourite horsey event! Well we have had a very quite year this year and haven't actually been to a 'horse event' but for me, just spending time with my beautiful horses is special, and moments to be treasured. Thanks for sharing some more of those lovely photos. I really enjoyed reading this post! ;-) Blessings,

    ~Kelsie-Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plug race!!!!It is so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love horses!
    ~Braelyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love horses to.
    they are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete