May 17, 2011

My life as of late


I don't think that "I've been busy" is a valid excuse anymore, as I use it too often.
Life just seems to be getting crazier by the day, so I hope that you don't mind my scattered posts.

It's been awhile since I've done much on the internet, and a lot has happened since my last blog update. Here's a little glimpse into what has been going on in my life recently...

{The colors of Spring...}

I finished driver's ed at the end of April and I now have my intermediate driver's license! I've enjoyed having it, and my parents like having someone else that can run into town. Now I can run errands, drive kids to activities, or drive myself into town when I have something going on. With this new "freedom" also comes a lot of responsibility :)
- - -
This year I got a "summer job". Ok, not really...but sort of. I've really been wanting to get a Nikon D3100, so I'm going to do the local farmer's market to help save up for that. Several years ago our family had the opportunity to buy large (very, very large...) quantities of daylilies and iris, with the intent of eventually turning it into a family business. We ended up deciding that wasn't what God had for our family at this time, so now we have over 60 varieties of daylilies and a large field of iris (probably a couple hundred varieties) just sitting there. My parents told me that if I did all of the work this summer (weeding, digging, mulching, etc.) I could take them to farmer's market. So that is my summer job - iris and daylilies. I'll have to admit that I'd probably rather be working with animals, such as raising hogs on pasture, but since I have this opportunity I'm going to take it :)

{One of the many varieties of iris}
I ran my first 5k a couple weeks ago! Yes...I made it across the finish line, and did it with a fairly average time. I'm hoping to run several other 5k's this summer, though I need to start running on a more regular basis...
 - - -
Last week we had a Bright Lights Mother/Daughter tea to wrap up Set One, and also as our final meeting before the Summer. There was a small devotional, a time for mothers and daughters to spend one-on-one time, a variety of games, and, of course, tea and horderves. I've really enjoyed seeing how God has worked in and through Bright Lights over the past year, and look forward to see how He works in the future.


{Mothers and Daughters enjoying an evening of fellowship}
{Flowerpots filled with little goodies make wonderful prize baskets!}

 As usual, I've been doing quite a lot of photography, as I rarely leave the house without my camera. Here are my photos for the 52 Challenge...

{52 Challenge - Week 15}
{52 Challenge - Week 16}
{52 Challenge - Week 17}
{52 Challenge - Week 18}
 
That is a tiny glimpse into my life over the past weeks. I have several other post ideas, and I'll try to blog again as soon as my schedule permits. I'm not sure if it will be a few days or a few weeks...but I will be back.

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know that this love surpasses knowledge - that you may be filled to the measure of the all fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:17-19

3 comments:

  1. It was nice to hear what was up in your life... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, the 52 week challenge photos are SO COOL I love the idea of the scrabble tiles!

    ReplyDelete